How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 7310
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

WI Probate, ex-wife is filing Application Administration

Customer Question

WI Probate, ex-wife is filing Application for Informal Administration concerning our daughter's death in 2012. And deadline for filing claims against is coming due. 1.2 million at stake. I've no idea how to obtain an attorney out of state. I'm in NV. I need someone to represent me on contingency.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Mark replied 1 year ago.

You can just search online for an attorney. You can use websites like Avvo or findlaw. You could also get a referral from the state bar.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was looking for someone to take the case.
Expert:  Mark replied 1 year ago.

You would need to find a Wisconsin attorney.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was actually hoping to find one here. Wrong app I guess.
Expert:  Mark replied 1 year ago.

You might. I will opt out and see if you can find one.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello, another expert here. We don't take cases, but you can search for attorneys on line by speciality area. The facts you provided here are unclear as to the nature of the case you are involved in. Is it probate or a tort claim of some kind. Why are you seeking a lawyer who works on contingency basis? If you tell me about the legal situation, I can steer your search in the right direction. Also what city in WI is the claim to be filed in?