How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

V fdd df dddd, Our company is listed as a creditor in a BK

Customer Question

v fdd df dddd
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Our company is listed as a creditor in a BK case., however, we are not a creditor and wish to formally remove the claim listed by the debtor/filer. How do we do this?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Bankruptcy Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


You can file a notice with the court stating that you disclaim any interest in the debtor's estate. Having done that, the court can order that no portion of the debtor's estate will be allocated to your claim.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions