How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 117460
Experience:  Attorney At Law handling education matters.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Ch 13 BK that is paid in full as of 12/9. No

Customer Question

I have a Ch 13 BK that is paid in full as of 12/9. No disbursements have been made since that date and I am unable to reach my Atty or Bk trustee to find out the discharge date. There is a small judgement lien on my properties and they are all in escrow. This was supposed to have been resolved as part of the bk. what do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your trustee has to file the discharge pleading to get the court to issue final discharge. Once the trustee verifies the debts are paid off according to the plan, the trustee would file a motion for discharge of bankruptcy. Your attorney should be contacting the trustee and your attorney works for you, so they should contact you in response to those calls or they would be in violation of the AZ rules of professional conduct for not communicating with a client.