Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I am going to file chapter 7, but I would like to know do I…

Customer Question
Hello I am going to...
Hello I am going to file for a chapter 7, but I would like to know do I have to disclose of my alternate ssn that was issued by the Social Security Administration due to Identity theft. I also have credit on that alternate ssn which is all excellent?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
2/24/2016
Bankruptcy Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

Good afternoon. In order to file and be granted a discharge through a chapter 7 bankruptcy you must not have the means to pay back your unsecured creditors. At filing, you are required to disclose all sources of income received during the six month period prior to filing. Chapter 7 is a discharge of your debts, as a person, not a social security number, even if the source of income comes from different social security numbers. If you file the petition and do not disclose the income under the other social security number they would deny your petition and dismiss it.

I hope this helps with your question.