How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 116828
Experience:  Attorney At Law handling education matters.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** and I'm looking on filing a bare

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I'm looking for information on filing a bare bones chapter 13 Pro Se in Maryland.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm trying to prevent the foreclosure sale of the house I received after my Mother passed. I tried to refinance it but my credit wasn't sufficient. I'm hoping that the bankruptcy will give me enough time for my wife to refinance it under her name.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Bankruptcy Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Here is a link with the forms you can use for filing your own bankruptcy, even though it is much easier for you and better to file using a local bankruptcy attorney and you should reconsider using one.
Also, the MD Court has instructions and video to help guide you through the process if you cannot find an attorney to assist you at a reasonable rate: