Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

My name is ***** ***** and I'm looking on filing a bare

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** and I'm looking for information on filing a bare bones chapter 13 Pro Se in Maryland.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I'm trying to prevent the foreclosure sale of the house I received after my Mother passed. I tried to refinance it but my credit wasn't sufficient. I'm hoping that the bankruptcy will give me enough time for my wife to refinance it under her name.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
2/24/2016
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Here is a link with the forms you can use for filing your own bankruptcy, even though it is much easier for you and better to file using a local bankruptcy attorney and you should reconsider using one. https://www.legalconsumer.com/bankruptcy/bankruptcy-form.php?FIPS=24017
Also, the MD Court has instructions and video to help guide you through the process if you cannot find an attorney to assist you at a reasonable rate: http://www.mdb.uscourts.gov/content/no-attorney