Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

Name is ***** *****. Is there a form i can use to object to…

Customer Question
Hi. name is...

Hi. name is ***** *****. Is there a form i can use to object to a rule 2004 examination

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

File bankrcupty. There is a pending litigation in state court. Plaintiff in that case is seeking 2004 examination

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
2/17/2016
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

A 2004 exam by a creditor is allowed under the bankruptcy rules.......so there's no way to object to it being held -- because a creditor is entitled to conduct the exam under the rules.

That said, if you want to object, you can do so but there's no form.....it would just be a written objection that states the grounds you claim should be cause to relieve you from being able to appear, but again, that's a tough task since the creditor is entitled to the exam.

Just about the only way to get around the exam would be to prove that the requesting party isn't actually a creditor.