Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

What can be done to a person who files knowing that he is…

Customer Question
What can be done to...
What can be done to a person who files for bankruptcy knowing that he is not have any intention to follow the plan the chapter 13 plan he just wanted to have more time to save more money in the divorce now he filed this chapter 13 during divorce and he did and he knew the plan wasn't going to go through what can be done about somebody like that
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
2/11/2016
Bankruptcy Lawyer: LEE HORNER,
 replied 2 years ago
LEE HORNER

It depends on who's complaining about it. Creditors generally will challenge the filing as being made in bad faith; the Chapter 13 trustee can also be alerted to these facts and may very well move to dismiss the case on bad-faith grounds as the bankruptcy code isn't set up to allow abuse like this. If you're not a creditor but an interested party I would suggest contacting the Chapter 13 trustee as soon as you can and lay the facts out to him or her.

Ok if I have a bk Attorney who is new to the bar and I'm actually helping her out should I tell her to do this? If she doesn't I certainly will. Thanks