Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

I got a letter from the marshels with a court levy and sale…

Customer Question
i got a letter from...
i got a letter from the marshels with a court levy and sale
from a creditor that sold there business and they are tretning to sell my stuff from the business
whats can i do to stop it ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
2/1/2016
Bankruptcy Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

However, I need a little more background, as I'm unclear what is going on. What marshal gave you a letter? What is being levied and sold? Which creditor sold whose business? Who is threatening to sell your stuff, and why?

Unfortunately, I am not in a position to have any phone calls this evening. I can, however, still help via this internet forum if you wish to proceed. Thank you.

i have a small grocery store and i owe money for a vender that sold ther company
and the marshels drpot me a notice of levy and sale of all contents and supplies of my business that will take place on feb. 10 if i dont pay them up what can i do about that

Hi again.

If I understand you correctly, your grocery store owes money to a vendor, and that vendor will sell your merchandise if you do not pay by February 10th. The only way to stop it (other than paying or coming to an agreement) is for your store to file for bankruptcy. Your store could file for Chapter 11 protection, and that would stop any creditor action from going forward without court permission. If you wish to go this route, then you should retain an attorney as soon as possible. I assume that your store is an LLC or corporation, which would mean that only an attorney can file a bankruptcy on behalf of the store.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney