Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Obtained a loan while at school of $20k in 2006/7 from bank

Customer Question
Anna obtained a loan while...
Anna obtained a loan while at school of $20k in 2006/7 from bank A. She paid some of it until dropping out of school and became delinquent in 2008. In 2009 bank A sold delinquent loam to bank B. Anna filed bankruptcy in 2010 and sent bk discharge to bank A not knowing it was sold to bank B.
Bank B hired collections agency AB to collect balance. AB negotiated loan down to 21.8k but is saying this is collectable despite the bk discharge.
My daughter needs to show a payment plan soon to a mortgage company who can close on a VA home loan this month.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
1/14/2016
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Terry L., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney

is this an educational loan or tuition? If not, then the debt should be discharged. send the discharge to B and AB and that should do it if it is not an educational debt

do you have any questions? if not, please click accept to close the questions and rate the answer. thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi the loan was 2007 don't statute of limitations apply i looked up done blogs
http://blog.credit.com/2012/12/does-your-old-debt-have-an-expiration-date-63536/They only came after her as she was applying for mortgage. She did loan september 2007
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney