How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask mmdesq Your Own Question
mmdesq, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
mmdesq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 3 separate judgements filed against me.. the issue is

Customer Question

I have 3 separate judgements filed against me.. the issue is they were filed in the wrong county and court.. can I vacate the judgements and how
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning ,

I will try to best answer your question.

You will need to file a motion to open the judgments first. As part of your motion to open the judgment you will need to state the basis as to why you are seeking them to be opened. If the Judgments were just recently taken it is much easier to open than if tI me has elapsed. If there has been a delay since the judgments have been taken you also need to provide justification as to why the delay has occurred. Once the court rules that the judgments are reopened you can then file your motion to vacate and arguments regarding improper jurisdiction.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best of luck reopening these judgments.