Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Can social security benefits be used as income chapter 13

Customer Question
can social security benefits be...
can social security benefits be used as income for a chapter 13 repayment plan?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
12/10/2015
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Terry L., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney

hi, yes. All income can be used to contribute to a chapter 13 repayment plan.

Social security does not count toward the means test, but it can be used to help calculate that you have enough income after paying your monthly expenses to cover a chapter 13 repayment plan, sure. Put that on schedule I, absolutely. Let me know if you have any further questions.

did you have any questions? if not, click accept to close and rate answer. thanks

Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney