Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney. I have experience in business law, real estate law, bankruptcy and estates.
63724254

I filed a CH-7 in April 2015 & it was discharged in July

Customer Question

Good Morning, I filed a CH-7 in April 2015 & it was discharged in July 2015. I received a writ of garnishment for one of the creditors that I listed in the Ch-7; however, the creditor was listed on my Schedule F, and I forgot to list them on my Bill Matrix, I now need to file a motion requesting that the case be reopened so that I can list this Creditor on my Bill Matrix. I filed my CH-7 pro-se; how do I write the Motion.
Thanks.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Here is a link to a sample motion to reopen an case in bankruptcy court: http://www.cacb.uscourts.gov/sites/cacb/files/documents/forms/F5010-1.1MOTIONREOPENCERT.pdf

The motion is short and simple. Perhaps ask the court if they have any judicial forms that are used in its local district that they use but it will likely be very similar to the motion in the link provided.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation Thank you.

Please rate my answer so that I can be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.