Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

If I Filed Bankruptcy 5 Years Ago And My Ex Was Still Paying

Customer Question

If I Filed Bankruptcy 5 Years Ago And My Ex Was Still Paying On A Loan That Should Have Been Included In the Bankruptcy What Are My Options ? She Had No Idea I Filed So Assumed She Had To Pay It !!
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Well, are you sure that your bankruptcy would have discharged that loan as to her? My initial thought is that she is still liable for it because she didn't file bankruptcy.