DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

I am currently in chapter 13, and havent been able to pay

Customer Question

i am currently in chapter 13, and havent been able to pay due to medical issues, and car repairs, etc. can I get the car removed from the bk to continue? this bk hasnt been as helpful as I need, and may need to get a discharge, what can I do? what SHOULD i do?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you can voluntarily dismiss your chapter 13 if you want. Also yes, you can remove the car from the BK and motion for a modified plan with a new payment. Also, you can motion for a moratorium which can pause the plan for up to 4 months and let you deal with your issues if they are short term and you want to stay in the 13. You could also do a moratorium followed by a modification to lower your payment. Good luck!