How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm in chapter 13 and want to file a motion to incur debt to

Customer Question

I'm in chapter 13 and want to file a motion to incur debt to buy a home. How can I do this without a lawyer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You can call your local district court clerk's office and see if it has forms (I did a quick search and didn't see any for Delaware, but it's still worth a call). IF so, just use those forms. If not, there are sample forms online from other courts such as this one from WV:

Since bankruptcy courts generally run on federal law, it's going to be the same procedure whether you're in Delaware or Colorado or Florida.