How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31787
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a tenant, who did not pay rent. I have a judgement

Customer Question

I had a tenant, who did not pay rent. I have a judgement against them. They filed chapter 13 bankruptcy and now the lawyers are stating 11 usc sec 506 and I need to do anything? As a creditor, do I file a claim? I asked our collection agency to take their name off of the list. Do I call the courts?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Yes, you should file a proof of claim for the money you're owed under the judgment as it can be paid back under the chapter 13 repayment plan.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You can find a proof of claim form here:

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Once the form is filled out, you would have to file it with the bankruptcy court.