How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2659
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in a chapter7 bankruptcy preceding and would like to

Customer Question

I am in a chapter7 bankruptcy preceding and would like to make a motion to the court to implore the US trustee to investigate why the acting trustee allowed one of the creditors to use pieces of the estate to cut deals with other creditors so that he could buy there claims.
Can you give me an idea how to title that motion and how to word some of the body.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

The trustee must do a report to the court and to the United States trustees. I would tell the motion request for an accounting in settlement of claims. E

A motion basically has a paragraph for each allegation. You need to identify who you are and who is the respondent. You need to specify some of the facts that transpired and creditors with whom settlement has been reached that has raised your concern. You need to allege an accounting would be in the best interest of the debtor as well as other creditors and then state the relief that you are asking the court to grant.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would an example of asking for relief would be in this scenario. Just a bit confused with that part
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

The relief you are requesting is a complete accounting of all claims compromised and any agreements entered into during the administration of the estate I would further request an injunction preventing any further comprising of claims until the account is complete and matter is reviewed by the court.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i sign up to ask another question with you? Also it is not letting me choose any start to submit for a rating . Maybe because I'm using safari on an apple computer?
Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

You can put other question and identify that you want me to answer it with my username at the beginning of the question only. I will look for your question. Try logging in under Chrome. I'm unaware of issues using Safari however, Safari can be quirky.

Expert:  mmdesq replied 1 year ago.

would you be kind enough to rate me please