How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 12362
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm considering buying Bankruptcy software from this vendor

Customer Question

I'm considering buying Bankruptcy software from this vendor and prepare and file a Chapter 11 to reorganize $20K and release forced lock out by Property management over unpaid office lease fees, do you have any thoughts opinions or drawbacks? The cost for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy attorneys are very expensive, so it doesn't make since to pay that much when were talking only about $20K
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I'm sorry to say that I can't recommend that you file the Chapter 11 yourself. There is a very good reason why bankruptcy attorneys charge so much for Chapter 11s. It's because they are very complicated. If you were to file it yourself, then I believe that you may be in over your head, and that there is a good chance that your Chapter 11 will fail, and that your creditors will force a conversion into a Chapter 7 so that your assets can be sold and the creditors can be repaid.

But if you're determined to do it yourself, then I can only recommend Best Case (you can Google it), as that is the gold standard for bankruptcy software. It will certainly cost you more than the website that you linked to, but you get what you pay for.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need any more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!