How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2670
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son paid s dentist an advance payment of $ 1,600

Customer Question

My son paid his dentist an advance payment of $ 1,600 towards his treatment plan and his dentist declared bancruptcy before she administered the services. He is out $ 1,600. Is a dentist required to keep advance funds in any form of escrow account much like an attorney who receives an advance payment? The dentist worked for both the local hospital and under her own shingle a couple days a week. My son was a patient under her shingle not the hospital and the bill he received was from her not the hospital. Does my son have any recourse? Legal opinion please

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  HonestDentist replied 2 years ago.

Please don't regard this as an answer... but I felt bad that your question seemingly may not fully get "proper" attention from the Dental category. What do I mean? Well, my first thoughts are of course you have at least "possible" recourse. I say possible, because, one cannot get water out of a completely dried up sponge. But, are the $1,600 actually dried up? I don't know the answer to that.

This would be my recommendation - I's contact the legal (Attorney) dept. here at Just Answer (I'd suspect Civil Law), and ask them. Ask them the same question, as I believe you'll get a more direct and resourceful answer how to best equip you to retrieve your rightly due monies back! I hope this helps you.

Dr. Rampton