Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

I am 72 and have no colon, have had 6 surgery's

Customer Question
for batter cancer, facing knee...
I am 72 and have no colon, have had 6 surgery's for batter cancer, facing knee surgery both knees, and have been ask by my employer to retire. as my self and my wife will only have social security about 3000.00 month and bills are about 2900.00 without food or clothing and other necessities. I am considering bankruptcy. However one of my loans is a non government student loan to send grandson to private behavioral school. Was 60,000 now about 20.000 can this be dismissed. others are credit cards, car, and small bank loan.
I had a previous business bankruptcy in 1990.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
7/16/2015
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
First, your employer cannot make you retire and if you are able to do your job keep it. Otherwise, if your employer makes you retire while you still are preforming your duties well that could be considered age discrimination.Next, student loans are not dischargeable in bankruptcy unless you prove that it would be an undue hardship which the courts have developed an impossible standard to meet. Your credit cards and other unsecured debts are dischargeable. Your business bankruptcy will have not bearing on your contemplated bankruptcy now.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Tank you.
Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney