Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

I've had health insurance 35 years while working for

Customer Question
I've had health insurance for...
I've had health insurance for over 35 years while working for the usps, but 6yrs ago I needed surgery and my spine and went to a doctor who was on my network, but he did the surgery in a hospital that wasnt, it was an outpatient surgery and left the same day, my bill from hospital was $32000 doctor bill was $15000. My insurance {blue cross blue shield}who has always paid would only pay $3,200 to hospital and $5000 to the doctor. The doctor had to accept that but the hospital wanted their balance of $28,800. There bill to BCBS wasnt even itemized the first time they sent it to them just $32.000. BCBS sent it back and they later itemized it, the metal piece in my spine they charged me $15000 BCBS told me that wouldnt pay more than $1.500 and so on, even had a room charge of $600 but I did not have a room it was an out patient visit, I filed for a fraudulent claim but nothing never happened and I eventually go sued, they had been garnishing my wages until I recently became disabled and couldnt work anymore, now they are garnishing my wifes check to a sum of $800 a month which has broke us, not only that its been 6 or 7 years now and the collection agency now says we owe $43000. Is bankruptcy our only choice we didnt want to do that we've always paid our bills and have always had insurance, can they charge whatever they want ? example recently was in hospital for over 25 days and had 3 operations the total bill was $39000, I was only at that other hospital for a few hours and was charged $32000 email is***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
7/9/2015
Bankruptcy Lawyer: dylatess, Attorney replied 2 years ago
dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
What you have stated is outrageous. Likewise, I hear this all the time. And it will cost you more in attorney fees trying to find this. Therefore, if you qualify, I do recommend that you do file a bankruptcy as this debt will be discharged/wiped out and it is the most cost effective way to proceed. I wish you well.
dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, Attorney