Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

If you have a mortgage loan with an exspouse and she filed…

Customer Question
If you have a mortgage...
If you have a mortgage loan with an exspouse and she filed chapter 13 included loan on bankruptcy but did not make mortgage payment for the past month and abandoned and moved out of home. How do I take possession of property if she has not been dismissed from bankruptcy and has stated to the court that she no longer wants home but has not kept her contractual agreement with Chapter 13 plan. Property is currently vacant and want to cure debt so it will not affect my credit.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
6/13/2015
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Attorney
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Is the property solely in ex's name or are you still on the deed to the property?
.
.
thanks
It is financed with my husband and his ex wife him being primary VA borrower
Ok, I understand that the loan is in both their names with him being the primary.
.
But whose name is ***** ***** to the property in?
.
Was the ex awarded the house during the divorce?
.
Are both ex and husband currently on the deed to the property as co-owners?
.
Is there any equity in the house?
.
.
thanks
Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney