Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy law questions? Ask a bankruptcy lawyer.

If someone gets a judgment against you and you have a joint…

Customer Question
If someone gets a judgment...
If someone gets a judgment against you and you have a joint checking account is that account subject to seizure?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
5/21/2015
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Yes, the monies presumably half of the account in which the joint owner owns is subject to seizure.
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.
Please rate my answer. Otherwise I will receive no credit for my time and efforts. Thank you for your cooperation.
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER.
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER.