Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Do it yourself to file a judgement against a friend that owes you $15k credit card debt (a

Customer Question
ll documented and proof....
do it yourself to file a judgement against a friend that owes you $15k credit card debt (a ll documented and proof.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
5/20/2015
Bankruptcy Lawyer: WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney replied 2 years ago
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
To obtain a judgment you have to sue the friend in court for the $15,000 plus interest if you wish, after Court you would obtain a judgment.
You would need to go to the Court website and obtain Pro Se civil court forms, typically called a summons and complaint, and serve them first.
Go to the below link to find forms.
http://www.illinoislegalaid.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.dsp_content&contentID=7306#a=forms
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney