Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

When a bankruptcy trustee abandons a property (a parcel of

Customer Question

When a bankruptcy trustee abandons a property (a parcel of land that owes more than it is worth in a mortgage), does that mean the debtor still owes the debt on the property? Does the debtor own the land or just waiting until the lender forecloses on the property?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
I am willing to assist you with this question for an additional fee of $5.00 if you are agreeable to that. Please see my offer of additional services.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.