WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

My customer filed for bankruptcy in early 2012. My company

My customer filed for bankruptcy in early 2012. My company was never notified of the bankruptcy. My customer owes me $27,711.35. I am in Wisconsin. My customer filed for bankruptcy in Delaware. The bankruptcy was complete before we knew they were going through the bankruptcy proceedings. Is there anything that I can do to get my money? Note: My customer owned and/or operated more than 100 hotels throughout the Southeast and Midwest.

WALLSTREETESQ :

This is an unfortunate situation,

WALLSTREETESQ :

if you were never given notice, you could hire a bankruptcy attorney to see if your debt was actually listed, if it was not, you can still bring legal action and sue them for the money owed,

WALLSTREETESQ :

Also, if you were not given notice, you could file a motion to give you time to file a proof of claim, and to reopen the bankruptcy, be aware, that it is best to have a bankruptcy attorney review the filing to see if there is any chance that you can recover any money by doing this.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you