Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

For Five Star Law this whole debt situation is overwhelming

For Five Star Law this whole debt situation is overwhelming me- if i dont file bankruptcy, can a creditor take my paycheck
I have let FiveStar Law know that your question is waiting. If I can be of further assistance let me know.

Thank you for your directing your new question to my attention. As always, I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Regardless of whether you file bankruptcy, your paycheck cannot be garnished or attached if it is considered to be "Florida head of family wages"

Florida Statute 222.11 exempts head of family's wages from garnishment. You are considered "head of the family" if you provide more than half of the support for a child or other dependent.

You may read the statute in its entirety at this link:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0200-0299/0222/Sections/0222.11.html

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can
Ellen, Attorney
Experience: Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.