Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

In 2008 two companies got a judgement against our house. In

In 2008 two companies got a judgement against our house. In 2010 we filed chapter 7 bankruptcy. Did the bankruptcy make the judgements go away?
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: Technically, yes. However, the lien is not removed from the property unless the lien holder (Judgment creditor) releases it. This can be done by written demand to the Judgment creditor to remove the lien or filing a lawsuit to force the Judgment creditor to release the lien if the Judgment creditor refuses to cooperate.