How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 118236
Experience:  Attorney At Law handling education matters.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Are the rules any different re judicial miscondut, I.e., abuse

Customer Question

Are the rules any different re judicial miscondut, I.e., abuse of discretion', partiality, preventing rights of due process in a federal bankruptcy court?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The rules of judicial and also attorney misconduct are the same in US Bankruptcy Court as they are in all of the Federal Courts and attorneys must also follow the state rules of professional conduct regarding their conduct and representation of their client.

Finding a legal malpractice attorney can be challenging because it is a real specialty, but the best place to find one is at the local law school and also on the same sites used by other attorneys, or or

Your state bar can also tell you who they have listed as legal malpractice attorneys.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been to about 6 lawyers who all said "your lawyer really screwed up". However he didn't screw up but rather he set me up to lose everything... I have the proof, but, lawyers in Maine don't want to sue another lawyer in Maine for legal malpractice and out of state lawyers still need to be licensed in Maine so that rule defeats the purpose, that is, they don't want to be blackballed by the Maine Bar Association members. A lawyer did all of this in order to capture control of a very valuable mill real estate property and to prevent me from opening a museum at that location. This lawyer ruined me financially and my life's vocation and it can only be remedied by an honest lawyer on my side to correct it. Again I have the evidence and I am still appealing it as of this day but the end is near. The Maine Bar Association referral system was of no help. Maybe the best way to find one attorney out there is to follow the other attorneys' advice and that was to take this case to the New York Times to expose it and maybe then an attorney will step forward.

Pleading for an attorney's assistance. He or she will not be wasting their time because all the evidence and facts are in my possession.





Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Perhaps the media exposure with this would help. Going to the local ME law schools for the ethics professors would also help, since most of them handle legal malpractice cases.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went to the Maine Law School in Portland but the professors there would not even listen to anything to do re legal malpractice. When I asked when I asked student interns if they could assist me they each said they have a full caseload and the college has a policy that the student interns must not accept any cases involving legal malpractice. I then went to the board of overseers who recommended I speak to the people at the Maine Legal Referral service who would give me the names of two attorneys for a one time fee of $25 which would provide me with free consultation for the first 30 minutes from each attorney. The first attorney immediately told me that he charges $400 per hour and that he would need a check for $800 to be paid In advance of meeting him. The second attorney wanted me to pay $3000 upfront and sign a contract which would stipulate that either he or I could terminate the relationship at any time but in either case that lawyer would keep the $3000. I do not have those financial means to assume those high risk. I was an investigator for the United States Treasury Department for 10 years before I resigned to be able to return to live and raise my family in my home state of Maine. I know fraud when I see it and I know how to documented. But I can't call 911 for police assistance because this is not viewed as criminal but rather as a civil matter and needs to be dealt with and through an attorney. Is there any way of finding such an attorney? An attorney would be handsomely paid on a contingency basis as the financial losses are very severe and my attorney unquestionably committed fraud and was in collusion with the open opposing party. What would you suggest? Thank you, Raymond.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your response. It seems to me the question has been closed and you have taken a refund, is this the case?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did nothing to close it. I just replied to your comment with additional information.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, I was just seeking to clarify.

I must apologize, but you have stated you have utilized all of the available ME resources I have suggested. The only other recourse you have to find an attorney in ME is the same sites used by other attorneys, or or and you need to call or go visit the legal malpractice attorneys listed there.

If that does not work, you might be forced to file your own suit pro se in court to preserve your legal right under the statute of limitations and then continue your search for a legal malpractice attorney.