Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

In 2008 was off and in 2009 when unemployment ran out,

In 2008 was laid off...
In 2008 was laid off and in 2009 when unemployment ran out, I moved to Ohio to avoid being homeless. Last summer I accepted a position in Florida and was able to move back. When I accepted the position in FL, I consolidated my debt in order to clean up my credit. After 16 months I will need to leave this employee due to health reasons. I have looked for work for the last three months and have not been able to find any that match this salary. Is bankruptcy the only option since I will no longer be able to make the monthly payment?
9/20/2013
Roger, Attorney

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for requesting me! I'll be glad to help.
Kirk Adams : Bankruptcy is the only sure option - and by that I mean if you were to file, you could rid yourself of these debts.
Customer:

What's the best way to proceed and how can I find a good attorney in this area?

Kirk Adams : But, there are other potential options - such as a forbearance agreement, which is when a lender will agree to give you some time to get back on your feet - they will forbear or hold off on suing - but that's something the lender would have to approve.
Kirk Adams : There are other settlement options that you can try to reach with the lender, but they're not a sure thing and just depend on what the lender is willing to compromise or settle - if at all.
Kirk Adams : But, if you just want to rid yourself of the debts and get a fresh start, the bankruptcy is likely the only option.
Kirk Adams : As for finding an attorney, you can visit www.martindale.com and search for a bankruptcy attorney in your area.
Kirk Adams : When you go to the site, click on Find a Lawyer or Law Firm and then you can enter your search criteria - area of practice and location.
Customer:

I'm paying $558 per month which makes things tight as it is. When I change jobs at a lower rate of pay, these payments will be impossible. Who is Matindale.com?

Kirk Adams : Martindale-Hubbell is the oldest and most respected attorney ranking company in the US.
Kirk Adams : It's independent - meaning an attorney can't pay for a rating. Instead, attorneys are rated by peers and clients.
Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX there other attorneys at justanswer that could answer questions about disability?

Kirk Adams : Sure. Glad to help.
Kirk Adams : Yes, there are attorneys who deal with work-related and Social Security Disability questions.
Customer:

Thanks for the help and I'll check out martindale.com shortly.

Kirk Adams : No problem. Glad to help!
Kirk Adams : Please let me know if you need anything further.
Customer:

certainly will! Have great afternoon!

Kirk Adams : You too!
Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney