How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2008 was off and in 2009 when unemployment ran out,

This answer was rated:

In 2008 was laid off and in 2009 when unemployment ran out, I moved to Ohio to avoid being homeless. Last summer I accepted a position in Florida and was able to move back. When I accepted the position in FL, I consolidated my debt in order to clean up my credit. After 16 months I will need to leave this employee due to health reasons. I have looked for work for the last three months and have not been able to find any that match this salary. Is bankruptcy the only option since I will no longer be able to make the monthly payment?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for requesting me! I'll be glad to help.
Kirk Adams : Bankruptcy is the only sure option - and by that I mean if you were to file, you could rid yourself of these debts.

What's the best way to proceed and how can I find a good attorney in this area?

Kirk Adams : But, there are other potential options - such as a forbearance agreement, which is when a lender will agree to give you some time to get back on your feet - they will forbear or hold off on suing - but that's something the lender would have to approve.
Kirk Adams : There are other settlement options that you can try to reach with the lender, but they're not a sure thing and just depend on what the lender is willing to compromise or settle - if at all.
Kirk Adams : But, if you just want to rid yourself of the debts and get a fresh start, the bankruptcy is likely the only option.
Kirk Adams : As for finding an attorney, you can visit and search for a bankruptcy attorney in your area.
Kirk Adams : When you go to the site, click on Find a Lawyer or Law Firm and then you can enter your search criteria - area of practice and location.

I'm paying $558 per month which makes things tight as it is. When I change jobs at a lower rate of pay, these payments will be impossible. Who is

Kirk Adams : Martindale-Hubbell is the oldest and most respected attorney ranking company in the US.
Kirk Adams : It's independent - meaning an attorney can't pay for a rating. Instead, attorneys are rated by peers and clients.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX there other attorneys at justanswer that could answer questions about disability?

Kirk Adams : Sure. Glad to help.
Kirk Adams : Yes, there are attorneys who deal with work-related and Social Security Disability questions.

Thanks for the help and I'll check out shortly.

Kirk Adams : No problem. Glad to help!
Kirk Adams : Please let me know if you need anything further.

certainly will! Have great afternoon!

Kirk Adams : You too!
Roger and 3 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you