How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31769
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we have a vehicle that was discharged in our BK. We have been

This answer was rated:

we have a vehicle that was discharged in our BK. We have been doing voluntary payments as no reaffirmation agreement was filed. We can no longer make payments. If we surrender the vehicle will they then report it to our credit bureaus? How long would it take to show up? The debt is not being reported on our credit right now but we are wondering if we surrender it if they will report again.

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Kirk Adams : The debt has been discharged through the bankruptcy, so you have no obligation to pay the debt, and the voluntary payments don't obligate you or revive the debt.
Kirk Adams : Thus, there should be no reporting on your credit since you no longer legally owe the money anyway.
Kirk Adams : So, you should no see anything appear on your credit if you do this.
Kirk Adams : Thanks for your question, and if you need anything further, please let me know.

thank you

Roger and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you