How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17248
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Phillips EsqI know we have to take our social security card

This answer was rated:

Phillips Esq I know we have to take our social security card with us to the 341 meeting. However, my SS card has my first name and last name (married name). Example...Jane M Doe. But my driver's license has my first name, my maiden name and then my married name. Example: XXXXX XXXXX-Doe. Will this be a problem or conflict since they are different? If so, what other form of ID will I need to show that is my SS number?

 Also, what else should I bring with me to the 341 meeting?


I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent Phillips Esq a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.


This is a common issue, you can bring your social security card, as well as your drivers license, tax return, medical insurance card, or even marriage certificate.

It will not be an issue, in your petition, you should have included an AKA XXXXX XXXXX-Doe, you can file an easy amendment to your petition to add the alias.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already turned in an amendment with other revisions. If I don't add the alias to the petition, will it still not be an issue? I hate to say this, but I feel like a bother when I go to the Lawyer's office. Isn't that terrible? That's how they treat me there. It's awful. In fact I don't even trust that they will add it if I turn it in.

In my experience, it is not a major issue, I would bring any ID that has the name as it is on the petition, the social security card is used to confirm the petition has the same social and the drivers license confirms your identity, so any other document such as a passport, medical insurance card, or tax return would be fine.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My petition has XXXXX XXXXX-Doe on it (what my driver's license has) and I signed it that way. My SS card has Jane Doe.

that is fine, just in case bring a passport or any other document, worst case the trustee will tell your attorney to file an amendment to add the alias.

I would not worry the case will never be dismissed for this, and in most cases it is not even an issue.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17248
Experience: 14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
WALLSTREETESQ and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much Wallstreet and Wendy. And Wendy, thanks for checking on me. It's nice to know that I can't get answers here. This is a great service and well worth the money I pay each month.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.


I found out my husband paid a small payment of $40 to the Doctor's office since we filed bankruptcy. Is this going to be a problem? If so, what will the trustee say or do? I also need to make an appt with my Doctor and need to bring my account up to date in order to see him. What do I do?

no, that is not going to be a problem, payments over $600 to one creditor would be a n issue, not $40.