Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I live in Utah and in order for my girlfriend to get cheaper

I live in Utah and in order for my girlfriend to get cheaper insurancce on a car she bought i put her car on my ins. but i had to put my name on the title in order to add her car to my policy. I am not on any of the financial papers. well now we broke up, am i financially liable for her car since my name is XXXXX XXXXX title. She has no job right now and is going to file chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Terry L. : Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.
Terry L. : Since you did not sign on the note, you are not liable on the loan, but the car can get tickets which oh would be responsible for, or it could get repossessed.
Terry L. : Let me know if you have any other questions
Customer:

it is going to get repossessed, as i said she is filing chapter7. what would this mean to me?

Customer:

Terry L. : Nothing.
Terry L. : since you are not on the loan, the lender gets te car, that's it
Terry L. : if you want the car, perhaps the lender can rewite the note forbyou