How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2667
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Brent this is not an easy question. Can a federal bankruptcy

Customer Question

Brent this is not an easy question. Can a federal bankruptcy filing and resulting "stay" overturn a New York Civil Court Agreement that I signed regarding a tenancy issue waiving my rights for application of stay in an eviction proceeding? I can provide a copy of the signed Civil Court action also I do not expect to file until next week and my deadline appears to be Wednesday.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.

I will notify Brent that ;your question is waiting for him and he should reply to it here once he sees my message.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have a real problem. I see your firm has already withdrawn $54.00 from my bank account. I had asked for a fast reply, paid a premium and not only is the answer to late, but the charge is wrong. I wish to cancel this request. I had to seek direct advice from my attorney due to your delay.

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions