How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help with a bankrupcy question.

This answer was rated:

I need help with a bankrupcy question.


Hello I am a licensed attorney. I am here to help answer your questions. Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification


What is your question?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I filed Chapter 7 almost 12 years ago. I retained my condo and was never late on the payments. Last year I noticed at the bottom of my statements that read that my condo was included in the bankrupcy and that I cannot be held personally responsible for the mortgage. The condo is up side down, but is slowly coming back.


What are my options in this situation. If I stop paying the mortgage will the bank put me into collection, what about my credit report.

it seems you discharged the mortgage, so if you stop they cannot obtain a judgment against you or collect on you for any balance,

If they have been reporting your payments to the credit bureau, if you stop that will hurt your score, if they foreclose on you, the foreclosure would hurt your score but only if it is being reported.

What you can do is contact the lender and deed them the home if you want to leave, and they will not have to sue you in a foreclosure action so it will not hurt your score.
WALLSTREETESQ and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you