Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

bankruptcy in CT. we are filing bankruptcy in CT and have

bankruptcy in CT. we are filing bankruptcy in CT and have a few questions. we have worked out everything with our mortgage company and that is all set. we are not losing our home. we have started paying new amount.. do we have to include this in the bankruptcy?
also, my husband has 401k and had taken out a personal loan on it. how is that put into forms. it is through his work and merrill lynch is the company ... we are doing this ourselves. thanks.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response 1:
Yes. Eventhough you have worked out an agreement with the lender, you still need to list this mortgage on your bankruptcy schedule D and under Statement of Intention, you need to check that you would be keeping your house and then making payment on the mortgage pursuant to your agreement with the lender. All debts must be listed in your bankruptcy.

Response 2: He needs to list the loan under Schedule J--Expenses.