How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a disable veteran who receives SSD monthly. My dependent

Customer Question

I am a disable veteran who receives SSD monthly. My dependent child is also paid monthly for SSD because of my disability. I am filing chapter 7 bankruptcy and am unsure where, or even if, I need to list the amount paid to my son?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 4 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

You would list it on schedule I - as contribution to household

Terry L. :

you can offset it with all household expenses for him too

Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you