How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

RE: Objection to confirmation of Chapter 13 plan. I want to

This answer was rated:

RE: Objection to confirmation of Chapter 13 plan. I want to file objection since my soon to be ex is behind in post-petition DSO & has pre-petition arrears (court ordered. temp support-alimony). Can I just type up objection, mail the objection to the trustee, my ex & his attorney? Are other filing forms needed? Western District TN
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney in Tennessee. Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, there are not forms for something like this. But, you can just type out an objection stating your grounds and reasons for your objections; you must file the objection with the bankruptcy court clerk's office, and mail a copy to the trustee and debtor's attorney.

Just just the style of the case as the heading and then just state your objections in the document. It doesn't hve to be extremely formal - - as long as you get your points across.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. That was what I was hoping to hear since I exhausted my search for forms on the TN Bankruptcy court website.


After my post, I found examples of some objections written by attorneys on behalf of creditors (companies). I'll be putting my name in where an attorney would normally /s/ sign. Do I need to include my address and phone number (like is done with the attorney signature block). Also, is the /s/ only used for electronic filing?

Yes, you need to put your address and phone number on the document.

Yes, the /s/ is for the electronic signature if you file online. If you don't file online, just sign and file it.
Roger and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thanks for allowing me to assist you. If you have any additional questions, please let me know. Thanks!

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions