How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have just posted a question and i am unable to use the chat

This answer was rated:

i have just posted a question and i am unable to use the chat feature.
i need it posted as a reguar question and answer with replies.

here is my question again as i am unable to see the response.

i am dismissed of a ch 13. filing ch 7 soon. need a car. applied for a loan and was told
i need permission of the trustee. i do not have a ch 7 trustee yet and i'm out of ch 13?
can i get this loan in between filing or will they not wanna do that?
Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

You can show a copy of your dismissal (or discharge notice if you completed the chapter 13).
That should suffice, since there is no trustee at this point, the case is over and you are no longer in bankruptcy.

I would refrain from telling the dealer you are about to file a chapter 7 though.

IN the chapter 7, you can choose to Reaffirm the debt, which keeps you on the hook for the new payments, and lets you keep the car too.

Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you