How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31687
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Kirk, he has not made a payment in close to 5 years.can he

This answer was rated:

he has not made a payment in close to 5 years.can he stay in the home till 7 completion? he has not listed me as a creditor or litigation or all creditors.He uses his old attorney on 7 papers even though that attorney does not represent him anymore.Should his civil attorney advise him to disclose me as creditor and litigation. If he has not what should I do next
Hi - thanks for the question.

Whether or not he can stay throughout the chapter 7 depends on whether the creditor allows it. USUALLY, a creditor will file a motion for relief from the automatic stay shortly after the bankruptcy is filed and will proceed with the foreclosure pretty quickly. Thus, if this occurs, the person should not be allowed to remain there for the duration of the bankruptcy.

As for not being listed as a creditor, you can file a PROOF OF CLAIM on your own/with the help of an attorney to perfect your claim against him. Here's the form:
Roger and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you