Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Do I have to know the exact amount I owe a creditor for the

Do I have to know the exact amount I owe a creditor for the schedule F in bankruptcy?

FiveStarLaw :

Welcome,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

FiveStarLaw :

Schedule F is where all unsecured nonpriority creditors should be listed. It is not necessary to know or list the exact amount owed to each creditor. However it is necessary to state the name of the creditor as well as the correct mailing address

FiveStarLaw :

I would be glad to respond to any related follow-up questions that you may have.

Customer:

What do I put in the amount box? Just an estimate? What about the account numbers I don't have

FiveStarLaw :

Your best estimate of amount is sufficient. If you have the account numbers they should be listed – if you do not have the account numbers, the name and address of the creditor is sufficient

FiveStarLaw :

Most debtors do not know all the account numbers nor exact amounts of debt

Customer:

Thank you so much