Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

How do I go about filing a claim on behalf of one of my creditors

Customer Question
in a Ch 13...
How do I go about filing a claim on behalf of one of my creditors in a Ch 13 ? My plan is confirmed, but they have not responded to any attempts to contact them.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
5/21/2013
Bankruptcy Lawyer: cfortunato, Attorney replied 4 years ago
cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney

cfortunato : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy attorney here to assist you.
cfortunato : You can file a Proof of Claim on behalf of the creditor who has not filed one.
cfortunato : But you to wait until the creditor's deadline to file a Proof of Claim has passed, and you then have 30 days after the deadline to file a Proof of Claim on their behalf.
DO YOU KNOW OF A GENERALLY USED FORM FOR A PROOF OF CLAIM ?
I am really sorry this took so long! I am in the middle of a thunderstorm, so I am having internet issues.

The Proof of Claim form you would file is the same one the creditor would have to file. Which Bankruptcy court was your Bankruptcy filed in?
DISTRICT OF OREGON
Here is the form:
http://www.uscourts.gov/uscourts/RulesAndPolicies/rules/BK_Forms_Current/B_010.pdf

Here is the form:
cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
cfortunato
cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney