How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any help available for public assistance recipients

This answer was rated:

Is there any help available for public assistance recipients who need to file bankruptcy? There was the NYC Bankruptcy Assistance Program but I can't get through.

Terry L. : Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.
Terry L. : You would have several options available to you
Terry L. : Are you looking for a lawyer to file for you or are you interested in filing pro-se
Customer: I wasn't sure what I could do. The project I mentioned has lawyers who "help" guide you but its your own work. I can't afford an attorney and wanted to know if there was something available for my situation
Terry L. : You can try the bankruptcy court help desk, they are staffed by volunteer attorneys who can help you file the correct paperwork.
Terry L. : You are in NYC?
Customer: yes
Terry L. : 1sec, let me get the link
Customer: k
Terry L. :
Customer: got it! thanks
Terry L. : Go to the top of the page and click the dropdown - filing without an attonrey
Terry L. : there is much info there, including links to pro-bono (free) services
Customer: awesome! thanks
Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you