WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

Back in 2004, I had a judgment against me for about $4000.

Back in 2004, I had a judgment against me for about $4000. I filled bankruptcy (13), but lost my job before I finished paying it out. Last month I received notice that my wages will be garnished to pay that judgment. Isn't there some statute of limitations that comes in play here? This was in Arkansas, by the way.
Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

This is a common situation, there may be a statute of limitations for the debt, however, this would be a judgment, as per your states law, if this was a debt, the statute would have expired, however, since this became a judgment, there is a 10 year limit.

The below are the limitations:

Open Account: 3 (except medical which is 2 years)
Written Contract: 5 (partial payment stops the statute from running)
Sale of Goods (UCC-2): 4
Domestic Judgment: 10 renewable
Foreign Judgment: 10