How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 12216
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What exemption (s) can i claim my unpaid tax return that i

This answer was rated:

What exemption (s) can i claim my unpaid tax return that i am owed in? State of missouri chapter 7 bankruptcy
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

You can use 513-430(3), which is a wild card exemption. It is only up to $600, however.

You can also claim up to $1250 if you're head of a family under 513-440. And then an additional $300 for each child under 21 (who is not married and still dependent).

If that is still not enough to exempt all of the tax refund, then you may want to wait until the money comes and spend some of it. For example, if you need a new washer/dryer, then it may be wise to use the money for that. You'd have to exempt the washer/dryer, but it would be worth much less at resale than the money you paid for it.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.
TJ, Esq. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you