How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2889
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What exemption do i claim my accrued vacation time in? Chapter

This answer was rated:

What exemption do i claim my accrued vacation time in? Chapter 7 bankruptcy state of missouri
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.There are 2 wage exemptions commonly used in MissouriWages513.470 - Wages of a servant or common laborer up to $90.525.030 - The greater of the following: 30 times the federal minimum hourly wage or 75% minimum of weekly earnings (90% for head of household). Judge may approve more for low income debtor.Therefore, it may not protect all of the money here. There is a wildcard to use as well, 513.430 & 513.440 - Any property up to $1,250 plus $350 per child under age 21 for head of family; up to $600 for others.You should meet with a local bankruptcy attorney to see which exemption would be best based on the asset you have. they can advise you what to do in the event that not all of the asset is exempt. Let me know if you have any other bankruptcy questions. ThanksTerry
Terry L. and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you