Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

i have a judgement by default against me,filed in Texas. can

they freeze my bank account...
i have a judgement by default against me,filed in Texas. can they freeze my bank account, even though the bank is in Ohio? the bank has no branch in texas
5/14/2013
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

If a judgment is in Ohio, the collection agent will need to have the Texas Courts recognize the judgment, and in most cases will allow a garnishment,

WALLSTREETESQ :

In Texas, a levy or attachment is allowed under Title 3, Subtitle A, Chapter 59. Levy is allowed if the plaintiff possesses a legal instrument such as a notice of levy commanding the financial institution for a claim against the account.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Texas allows a lien for a money judgment under Title 5, Subtitle B, Chapter 51. Under Title 5, Subtitle B, Chapter 53, mechanics and contractors (and similar laborers and professionals) a have the right to place a lien on a property. This also includes creditors for unsecured debt (credit cards, auto loans, and so on), see Texas law Title 3, Chapter 24.

WALLSTREETESQ :

In TX a wage garnishment is not allowed,

WALLSTREETESQ :

however a bank account can be frozen

WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney