How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 38901
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what can i do when my lawyer missed handle or forgat my file

Customer Question

what can i do when my lawyer missed handle or forgat my file for bankrutcy ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 4 years ago.

1. Was your 2008 bankruptcy a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13?

2. Was your previous bankruptcy discharged?

3. Was your previous bankruptcy dismissed?

4. Or, are you saying that the 2008 bankruptcy was never actually filed?

Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they did not filed until 2011

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i need help, i do not know anything about law of bankruptcy.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

im sorry could not answer your mail. on time . it is the first time i use this legal advise web. and do not writting in english well. please, be patient with me.

1- we filed for personal bankrutcy. for the the credit cards debt

2 no bankrupcy trouble in legal of any kind.

2- i do not know when they actually filed , but after 2 year i do not hear any thing from them, i called them and asked about my case then they toll me to bring in bills and bills from the debt collectors, pay subts . thank you for answer my question.