WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

my daughter had a car accident, was driving her car with out

my daughter had a car accident, was driving her car with out insurance, now has bill for $18000, no job, can she file for bankruptcy

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

This is an unfortunate situation, as long as the accident was not due to drugs or alcohol, she would be able to list the debt in a bankruptcy and discharge the entire amount.

Customer:

where would she go and file

WALLSTREETESQ :

Under the bankruptcy law most debts can be discharged, the only debts that cannot be discharged are listed here: under section 523(a) The most common types of nondischargeable debts are certain types of tax claims, debts not set forth by the debtor on the lists and schedules the debtor must file with the court, debts for spousal or child support or alimony, debts for willful and malicious injuries to person or property, debts to governmental units for fines and penalties, debts for most government funded or guaranteed educational loans or benefit overpayments, debts for personal injury caused by the debtor's operation of a motor vehicle while intoxicated, debts owed to certain tax-advantaged retirement plans, and debts for certain condominium or cooperative housing fees

WALLSTREETESQ :

She would have to go to the local CA bankruptcy court that is near her residence,

Customer:

thank you

WALLSTREETESQ :

She can go to the above link, it will have all the information she needs to file a chapter 7 bankruptcy in CA, including the forms and procedures.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback.