WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

Ok I am in need to claim bankruptcy ... I dont know what I

Ok I am in need to claim bankruptcy ... I don't know what I shld include shouldn't I wanted chapter 7 bc I wad trying to get out of 25-30k of credit cards basically only but i am getting a divorce i work part time to not pay "daycare after school expenses"

I wanted to avoid the things both him and I are on the loans
2 vehicles (mine 21k). (HIS- 36 k)
My house 179k
a personal line of credit -7k
but at this point I don't think I have a choice

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

This is a common situation,

WALLSTREETESQ :

if your income is limited, you can file a chapter 7 and discharge all your debts,

WALLSTREETESQ :

in terms of the home, if you have equity and want to keep the home,

WALLSTREETESQ :

that may be an issue, however, you should list the mortgage on your bankruptcy,

WALLSTREETESQ :

so if you default, they cannot sue you later for any balance.

WALLSTREETESQ :

In terms of the cars, if you wish to keep one,

WALLSTREETESQ :

that is possible, by reaffirming the auto loan in your chapter 7 bankruptcy,

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok well I don't even live in my home so I don't care what happens to it ... My ex does. But oh we'll I told him get my name off of it or sell it!!!!
Than you can list the mortgage on your bankruptcy so you would have no personal liability towards the mortgage if your ex stops paying.

Good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok Ive decided I'm gonna go on my car and possibly his .. (I wasn't trying to help him out in ANY WAY) since he's completely trying to screw me over in ANY WAY he can. He WANTS that truck repossessed because he is SO FLIPPED in it its not funny!! The truck is a 2008 Nissan Titan and he/WE HAVE a 36,000 LOAN out on it bc he carried over a shit load of $$ from the last car and the one before that and the one before that!!! He's had 9 cars in the last 15 months!!!! So he can't re-fi it bc it's worth 17,000 !!!!! UGH or makes me sick. And I am gonna let them take my car too if I'm gonna file chapter 7 I mine as well go on all of it. NOW will that look bad one
Behalf in my divorce ... When it comes to child and spousal support ???!
It should in no way affect your child support or spousal support, those are based on income of the parties, not debt.